Colin's Photos, Day 14 (October 7): Sushi and Akihabara

Here's my photos from day 14.

Lisa, Yuri, Andrew, Kit, and I had an extravagant 21 (?) course sushi lunch with some of the best sushi I've ever eaten. We had the full attention of our chef, Yui Oskow, over the nearly two-hour long meal, with every piece being made in front of us and explained. It was very delicious and well worth the splurge.

Later I went to Akihabara with Kit and Andrew -- it's the place to be for all manner of geeky things: electronics & computer parts, videogames, cameras, appliances, board game and trading card games, anime and manga figurines, etc. It's much the same as I remember it from 18 years ago -- visually loud, vertical, and packed with people -- but my own interests and knowledge in geek culture & computers have changed significantly since then. (For instance, I am no longer much into anime & didn't need to acquire an American keyboard this time around.)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Tokyo is UTC+9. Boston is UTC-4 (for now). Responses may be delayed.